The Doyle Scholarship Program provides financial assistance to qualified local high school graduates who will attend Santa Rosa Junior College during the 2018-19 academic year to complete an Associate’s Degree, certificate program, and/or units necessary to transfer to a four-year institution. Funds for these scholarships are provided through the Frank P. Doyle and Polly O’Meara Doyle Trust.
Students who meet all of the following eligibility requirements may apply:
1. Part of the class of 2018, graduating during the 2017-18 academic year; preference is given to local high school graduates
2. Have a current unweighted overall High School Grade Point Average of 2.0 or higher*
- after graduation, an official transcript will be required showing your graduation date and final unweighted GPA
3. Plan to enroll full-time (12 or more units) at Santa Rosa Junior College during the 2018-19 academic year
* IMPORTANT NOTE: If your GPA is verified between 2.0-2.74 you will be required to submit a supplemental personal statement.
Awards will be offered at $1,200 for the 2018-19 academic year.
Doyle Scholars from the Class of 2018 may be eligible to renew the scholarship for 2019-20.
Applications were accepted October 2 –December 8, 2017 at doyle.santarosa.edu.
All applicants who applied by December 8th will be notified of award status by April 2018.
Questions? Call SRJC Scholarship Programs at (707) 527-4740
For returning SRJC students (1-3 year break) who are within 15 units of completing their educational goal.
This scholarship is intended to assist with the cost of attendance for one semester, up to $500. Qualified students may be eligible to receive an additional degree completion award of $500. The total award is available for the 2017-18 academic year only and is not renewable. Awards depend on scholarship fund availability; limited funds might result in some qualified applicants not receiving an award.
- Returning SRJC students (break from SRJC of at least one year and not more than three years)
- Minimum Overall GPA: 2.5 and in good academic standing
- Complete a financial aid application (FAFSA, CA Dream Act or BOG Fee Waiver Application)
- Within 15 units of completion of required coursework to either earn an Associate’s degree or to meet university transfer requirements (requires enrollment in or completion of Math 150B) OR
- Within 15 units of completion of a career and technical education certificate program
- Completion of student success steps (Orientation, Assessment, Comprehensive Education Plan)
- Enroll in 6+ SRJC units in the completion coursework as specified on the comprehensive education plan
- Reside in the Sonoma County Junior College District service areas
Award Total: Up to $1,000
Note: Students who have an Associate’s Degree or higher from any institution do not qualify for the Doyle Returning Student Scholarship.
Applications (and assistance with applications) can be found by visiting:
- The SRJC Online Bulletin Board.
- The SRJC Santa Rosa Campus, Scholarship Office, Plover Hall.
- The SRJC Petaluma Campus, First Stop Center, Jacobs Hall, Room 109.
Application period is currently closed as of November 3, 2017. All applicants were notified by January 2018.